Sleeping pills can also cause dependency and even worsen the symptoms of chronic insomnia if taken for long periods. Sleep-walking, memory lapses, and hallucinations are rare, but have been reported with Ambien, as have cases of driving or eating while asleep within a few hours of taking a sleeping pill.If it is not consumed with Sage, sleeping pills can bring mild side effects, such as diarrhea, memory disorders, allergies, and dependency.
You experience sleep disorders? Don't rush taking sleeping pills to cope. Before you decide to use it, it's good to know what are the side effects that can be caused due to the use of sleeping pills.
According the dailymail, Prescription sleeping pills taken by more than a million Britons may cause dementia, research shows. Those taking a group of tablets known as benzodiazepines are 50 per cent more at risk of Alzheimer’s disease. And patients who had been taking them for more than six months were 80 per cent more at risk. Researchers said patients should be told to stop taking the drugs after three months. The pills include temazepam and diazepam and are commonly used to treat anxiety and sleeping disorders. They are being taken by 1.5million Britons at any one time, mainly the over-65s. Some 9.5million prescriptions are written out each year. French and Canadian researchers studied 8,980 people aged 66 and over, including 1,796 with Alzheimer’s. The academics recorded whether they had ever taken benzodiazepines and, if so, how often.Types Of Sleeping Pills
There are many different types of sleeping pills with benefits and risks differently. Nothing can make you sleep longer or help you to sleep easier. Sleeping pills in a group called benzodiazepines as central nervous system sedative that acts to slow the work of the nervous system. While another group, the non-benzodiazepine, have side effects is safer.
Therefore, in order to find the right medicine, before prescribing sleeping pills, doctors usually will ask various questions to you about the following things:
Your sleep patterns and a variety of other activities that affect it.
Tests to detect conditions which aspects influenced sleep disorders.
Discussion on the type, dosage, and side effects of sleeping pills, including whether there were sleeping pills generic price with lighter.
If necessary, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills for a period of time to see side effects and its benefits.
You should not consume other types of sleep medications, if the medications you are using is not working according to expectations.
Here are some types of sleeping pills.
The name of the drug Eases sleep Make sleeping longer may cause dependence
Zaleplon X X
Zolpidem X X
Triazolam X X
Temazepam X X X
Eszopiclone X X X
Estazolam X X X
Zolpidem extended-release X X X
In addition to the above medicines, there is also a low dose of sleeping medication that is used to resolve insomnia due to depression. These drugs include: amitriptilin, mirtazapine, trazodone.
Side Effects Of Sleeping Pills
As with any other drugs, sleeping pills also have side effects. Side effects of any medication of sleep varies depending on the type. Here are a few common side effects occur:
- Talking lust eating changed.
- A sense of burning or tingling in the legs, arms, hands.
- Constipation or constipation
- Hard to keep the balance.
- Mouth or throat dry.
- Sleepy during the day.
- Abdominal pain.
- Disorders of the memory and focus.
- Make the body vibrate.
- A severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. This reaction can include severe swelling angioedema, namely on the face.
- Cause dependence. Without sleeping pills, you become a find it increasingly difficult to sleep. Even sleep activity can be the most worry.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Weight gain.
Sleeping pills can also be dangerous for people who suffered from certain diseases, such as asthma sufferers. Sleeping pills may make asthmatic breathing is difficult because of the side effects of sleeping pills can make a person breathe more slowly and quietly. Those who have high blood pressure, kidney disorders, as well as a history of seizures also need to be alert. Similarly, pregnant women and nursing mothers, the elderly and people who are taking certain drugs that can react with sleeping pills.
If indeed you need taking sleeping pills, there are some things to watch out for, including:
- Before taking any medication, it is worth checking the beds themselves first to a doctor to find out the cause or the background of the occurrence of insomnia.
- Sleeping pills should be consumed 15 minutes before bedtime. If not, this drug can make you lose your concentration and awareness so that it will jeopardize your current activity.
- Make sure you read all instructions including the dose listed on the label, especially in the section on side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if there is information that you do not understand.
- Never once in a while consuming liquor in conjunction with sleeping pills. The combination of the two can result in a fatal addiction.
- You also should not consume wine or grape juice when taking sleeping pills. This fruit at risk improve and maintain levels of drugs that are absorbed by the blood vessels thereby causing excess doses.
- Avoid taking other types of sleeping pills for the first time, when in the morning You will undergo an important activities such as job interviews or large meetings. You don't know how your body will react to the drug.
Cessation of consumption of sleeping pills require time adjustments. Sometimes insomnia can re-emerge when the sleeping pills stop use. Consult this to the doctor to find the right way to stop using sleeping pills gradually.
Check with your doctor right away if after taking sleeping pills you experience chest pain, difficult breathing, vision disturbances, rash, itching, swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
In the end, taking sleeping pills should be the last alternative after a other ways safer to deal with insomnia.