How to make candied orange peel to utilize the waste orange peel abundant harvest season.
- 3 grapefruit rind
- 1.5 kg of sugar to 1 liter of water
- 2, 5 tablespoons whiting with
- 1 liter water
- enough food coloring to taste
- Peel the outer skin to stay white grapefruit, cut to shape according to taste and wash thoroughly.
- Soak with water solution of whiting up overnight.
- Once washed, the color will change slightly yellowish.
- Boil until cooked and soft textured, remove and drain.
- Boil the water and sugar to a boil, put a little food coloring.
- Cook until slightly thickened, put orange peel pieces little by little, stirring.
- Reduce the heat to prevent burning when stirring.
- Put candied orange peel on top winnowing tray or baking pan that has been lined with plastic, let it cool and dry.
- Enter in airtight containers or plastic.